Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ABC Wednesday - W (What? Why?)

What??

My son spotted a Carolina Wren and a Pine Siskin at my birdfeeders on Thanksgiving.  I hadn't seen either bird for a Loooonggg time!  Because I had just submitted my bird count the day before on the Project Feederwatch site, I couldn't count these birds!!


(left: house sparrow, center: pine siskin, and right: goldfinch)

Why??

Why is it that I haven't seen them since???  So I am still unable to add them to my count.  Humpfh!  ha.

I didn't get a photo of the Carolina wren... but I'm still hoping to spot them.  :-)


Would you like to visit other ABC Wednesday posts?  Click on the link below.

http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

Merry Christmas!!
SG

3 comments:

Reader Wil said...

How clever to spot the various birds. I thought they were all sparrows, but now I see they aren't.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!
Wil,ABCW Team.

Nutty Gnome said...

Great bird photos Shady M'dear!
Have a wonderful and joy-filled Christmas and a happy, healthy 2015!
xx

Roger Owen Green said...

WREN - that old silent W! Cute bird.

ROG, ABCW