Monday, January 2, 2012

Green Grow the Lilacs - Wishing You a Prosperous and Floriferous New Year - 2012!

 Green Grow the 'Lilacs'?
I took this occasion to look back at unpublished early 2011 photos!
(June 2011)
(Chris' plants - June 2009)
 
Green grow the lilacs, all sparkling with dew
I'm lonely, my darling, since parting with you;
But by our next meeting I'll hope to prove true
And change the green lilacs to the Red, White and Blue.
(June 6, 2011 - Clematis 'Niobe')                                                       (April 14, 2011)

(April 14, 2011)


(April 14, 2011)

(May 6, 2011 Woodland Phlox)
I once had a sweetheart, but now I have none
She's gone and she's left me, I care not for one
Since she's gone and left me, contented I'll be,
For she loves another one better than me.
Green Grow the Lilacs is a folk song of Irish origin that was popular in the United States during the mid-19th century.


2011's Spring "Came and Went" quickly last year!
Are you looking forward to Spring 2012 as you peruse the Garden Catalogs and search the Gardening Websites?
Happy New Year!
SG

7 comments:

scottweberpdx said...

Oh yes...those catalogues are a mixed blessing...they do help me to get through winter by thinking of spring...but after looking at catalogs for a while...the garden outside looks decidedly less glamorous ;-)

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Oh yes I'm so looking forward to spring. I've been looking through old garden magazines, catalogs and blogs for inspiration. It won't be too long before spring though.
Happy New Year!

Shady Gardener said...

Oh, Scott! I'm thinking it's always nice there in Oregon. At least, compared to having everything sleeping under cover until Spring. ;-)

Hi Catherine! :-) I look forward to a much more FUN Spring/Summer & Fall!!

Carolyn @ Carolyn's Shade Gardens said...

Love to see the hellbore and pulmonarias featured. Happy New Year.

Lea's Menagerie said...

And a Happy New Year to you, too!
Lea

troutbirder said...

Very clever Shady ... and fun. I've been derelict in following my favorite blogs of late as following our return from visiting the Grands in Arizona, Mrs T had major surgery at the Mayo Clinic. Apparently my amazing nursing skills, however, have put her well on the road to recovery. That my theory anyway and I'm sticking to it. :)

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Carolyn. I know you love these plants, as do I. I look forward to posting about my new hellebores!

Lea, Thank you for your recent visit. I've just been to your site today and am checking out the scavenger hunt. :-) YOUR post was quite diverse!

Troutbirder, I'm going to assume Mrs. T continues to gain strength and healing with YOUR excellent care! :-) Best wishes!

Hi Mr. Brown Thumb! I need to visit you!!