Project Garden Marker
This photo was taken February 17, 2009.
I'd taken wide-mouth jar lids, nailed a hole near a "top edge," spray painted both sides with white enamel paint (two coats on each side), and kept them handy until grandchildren visited.
While I waited their arrival, I took wire clothes hangers and made hanging stakes. The photo below shows a few of them. A person can create two stakes from one wire hanger.
These next two photos were taken April 22, 2009.
I created some of the markers ahead of time... just waiting for the day of their completion! :-)
Our Omaha grandchildren were here for Mother's Day, so we were able to finish some of our markers! Here are photos of the painterly progress. Using acrylic paints, they painted the backs of the markers and wrote their names with the same paint marker I used to create the front design. Our grandson is 5 1/2 years old, so he painted the letters and flowers on the front. Grandma (me) helped with a few other details.
After they dried, we took them outdoors and sprayed them with a clear, weatherproof, acrylic finish. Soon they were ready for the raised bed gardens!
Oh, Yeah! Looks good!
Now, when our Michigan family gets here, they can help finish the job. :-) It'll wait for them!
By Shady and Company!