Sunday, November 15, 2009

Randy and Meg's Video

I just couldn't help myself! I visited Randy and Meg's Garden Paradise today... and found the Youtube video below. You will enjoy the video. I hope you don't mind my reaction, below! :-)






One little ladybug, looking for fun,
Decided the dragonflies needed a run!

She got their attention, I'd say, rather heartily
When on their heads, acorns dropped smart-ily.

Offering the challenge, she presented "raspberries,"
And led them a chase, more intensely than merry.

Her pursuers, outfoxed, they dropped here and there
While our little ladybug, it seemed, tired nare.

When at last one lone dragonfly had pursued her,
She dropped down to gather her breath.
Our little dragonfly lighted beside her,
And wondered, I'm certain, "What's next?"

All of a sudden, out of the blue,
a small band of ladybugs appeared, it is true.

The poor little dragonfly took off like a shot,
and the ladybugs chased him... and likely as not,

They'd gained a victory o'er that fly, But
A thousand more dragonflies just happened by...

You might wonder what, as this sonnet does end,
lesson those li'l red bugs might just rend?

Perhaps they would tell us,
"Hey! When you go out to play,
Don't tease the big fellows---
They might chase YOU away!"


PS There are quite a number of related little videos you may enjoy over there...
Thanks, Randy and Meg!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the video on Randy & Meg's site and laughed. Very cute and fun. Kind of reminded me of Star Wars, the rushing through the woods. I love when the ladybugs surround the one lone dragonfly and act really tough. Your poem is PERFECT, SG!

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Grace, This is where I found the video. It made me laugh, too! In fact, I left a comment with the beginning of this little poem... it was too much fun! :-) Didn't you also love the sound effects?? ha.

Randy Emmitt said...

Shady,
Such a cute poem, enjoyed it greatly.

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Randy, Thanks. ;-) You never know when you might inspire someone! lol.

Rosemary said...

Shady
So enjoyed this video , so cute,thanks !

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Oh! I'm giggling up a storm! What a fun thing to find on this dreary Monday morning! Thanks for sharing. :)

Chloe m said...

Very cute! I like your commentary.
Rosey

Shady Gardener said...

Rosemary, I see there are quite a number of other little videos. I've watched a couple more, but I may have to get "serious" about it! ha.

Hi Kate! Wasn't this so cute? Did you see there are others?

Hi Rosey, Thanks! :-) How are you?

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a cute poem, perfect for the video. :)

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Catherine! Thanks. :-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Absolutely loved your poem. I can see how you were inspired.

Shady Gardener said...

Lisa! Thanks! Wasn't that the cutest video??