Monday, December 13, 2010

Clean Windows and a Short Spell Outdoors

Add up to some pretty nice photos! However, I must explain this first photograph. I've recently spotted (three times today) a Carolina Wren. The first time was in November.

However, this was the only time I could catch the little fellow in action... not a great shot, but it was the best I could do... and it's Proof! ;-)


Tufted Titmouse out the back window.

Tufted Titmouse out the kitchen window on the new heated birdbath.

Blue Jay on the same birdbath.

Blue Jay out that same back window.

It was sooooo cold this morning!! Way below Zero degrees F.
But I got this while in the yard...
a few Eastern Goldfinches on a thistle feeder.

Photogenic, aren't they?

Getting ready for Christmas? I may not be posting and/or visiting much in these next few weeks.

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Great bird photos. It is a busy time of year.

Randy Emmitt said...

Shady,
Enjoyed these birds, you make me want a heated bird bath. Have a great Christmas!

Garden Sense said...

Nice shots of our feathered friends! Your clean window reference reminds me that Slovak Christmas preparation includes washing the windows - their houses are CLEAN for the holiday!

Lona said...

Wonderful images of the birds in your garden. They are loving your heated birdbath. Do I feel bad? I never got my windows washed before the cold settled in.Have a great week.

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Rosemary, Busy but good! :-)

Hi Randy, I feel as though I'm endorsing a product... but YOU would love this birdbath (and so would your birds)!

Garden Sense, I just made a quick visit to your site. Your current post is very well taken! I love birdhouses and my birds. Thanks for your visit!

HHG, Had it been up to me, the windows would not have been washed. Too many projects going right now! ;-)

MRBROWNTHUMB said...

Great bird shots!

If I don't see you around the blog before then; hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Shady Gardener said...

Mr. Brown Thumb, Thank you for stopping by! I know it gets to be few-and-far-between with me these days!! Merry Christmas and the Very Best Wishes to you, also. :-)

La Tea Dah said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures! I love all the birds --- and it is so hard to get good pictures. You sure did!

LaTeaDah

Shady Gardener said...

La Tea Dah, Thanks for your visit - and I'm glad I could share the photos. :-) Enjoy a wonderful Christmas!