Friday, October 7, 2011

The Fall Color Project 2011

Dave has been so good to promote The Fall Color Project, and this is Year Four!  Please click on these words to visit his site.  He'll be highlighting the Fall Color posts as he received word of them!

 Peek-a-boo!  Here I am!

I took a drive downtown yesterday, to see what's happening there.  This is what I've found:  Artistry-in-the-Making!
Trees in transition . . .



And some in Full Glory, as witnessed below!
(Drive a little further...)

 And you'll see the shockingly bright orange . . .

Welcome to town!

It is truly wonderful to see the Fall colors this year.  I wonder if the severe drought and high temperatures most of the summer has had anything to do with it?

Now, to see My "Neck of the Woods!"
Driving off the "highway . . ."
Leaves are already falling... (neighbor's trees)

Another neighbor - this time, across from my yard.
Check out their Blackberry Lily!

Faithful Gaillardia Daisy!!
With "Worm Grass" sedum in the lower left.


Shady?   Shady?  
Oh, yeah... that's me.

12 comments:

Dave@TheHomeGarden said...

You're NUMBER 1! Woohoo! Fall Color! Those are some blazing maples. I can't wait to see some of that color come our way. Thanks for joining in the project! I have your post up right here: The First Fall Color 2011 Post!. Have a great weekend!

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Love both your photos and the project. I took part last year (or the year before?).

troutbirder said...

Great tour Shady!I think we were on the same blog brain wave this morning. Your golden maples are just stunning. :)

Andrea said...

yes they are very beautiful, reminding me of what i've been deprived of seeing, because we dont have your 2 seasons. We only got the dry and the wet! Some other areas are very dry and some are very wet! haha

GRACE PETERSON said...

I think what makes the autumn colors even nicer is the blue, cloudless sky behind them. Your photos are fabulous!

Rosemary said...

Shady This is a wonderful time of the year and your photos captures the beauty perfectly......

Pat said...

Beautiful change in season, we have about about another month before the colors come out.
I have to check out Gaillardia Daisies, guessing their fall bloomers.

Beth at PlantPostings said...

Don't the colors seem more vibrant this year?! Or maybe I just don't remember how beautiful it was last year. I found your blog after I found out about Dave's project--this is fun!

Rose said...

Gorgeous, Shady! I think the orange maples are my favorite. Don't you love this time of year? I've been noticing the color changes, too, as I've driven downtown. Next time I need to take my camera!

scottweberpdx said...

You gotta love those colors of fall...so magical...especially after a hard summer.

Nutty Gnome said...

MMMM, stunning colours Shady ...and I think you must be about a week or so ahead of us as our trees are only just starting to turn - hope they are as glorious as your trees this year! :)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I don't remember if I've participated in this before. I think of it when I see our fall colors, but don't always have my camera handy. Actually, I just remembered taking some photos, but not getting them into a post. Maybe next year I'll remember to participate.

I enjoyed seeing the fall colors in your neck of the woods.