Tuesday, January 22, 2013

B - ABC Wednesday -B - I WON!


ABC Wednesday is now in its 12th round.  Click on the logo to view posts by many other bloggers!


This week, we celebrate the letter:



Some time Before Christmas,
after a run through the house,
I sprang to my computer
just as quiet as a mouse ...

When what to my wondering eye
should appear
But a post by C (Carolyn) Binder -
told of Give-way Cheer!

(SG note: To view Carolyn Binder's post ("Ten Days of Holiday Giveaways for Gardeners") of  December 9, 2012  --- click the date). 

 The temptation to enter?   
Too great to resist.
I typed a short comment, 
crossed my fingers, and then . . . 

. . . performed "Christmas Business,"
Giving nary a thought to the contest 
I'd entered --- and yet,
Bless My Soul, an e-mail.

'Twas an e-mail from Carolyn.
The great contest spinner ... 
an e-mail that stated, get this!
I was a WINNER!

By Gosh and By Golly,
I was truly Jolly!
But the nicest of all ---
a Beautiful prize by Steve Asbell  

(click his name to link to his blog and relevant post).


I received his Epiphyllum Burst last week.


Basking!
SG

11 comments:

Leslie: said...

LUCKY!

Leslie
abcw team

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful!

Blade
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Lea said...

Very pretty!
How exciting!
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Luna Miranda said...

wow, beautiful bloom!

Roger Owen Green said...

congrats! boffo win.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

photowannabe said...

Wow, good for you...very clever poem too. Great post.

Mai said...

lucky indeed! i love giveaways! i recently won a giveaway too. i really, really love your poem. :)

Steve Asbell said...

Yay! So glad you like the drawing! It's one of my favorites.

Carolyn from Cowlick Cottage Farm said...

Hurray! Congrats on winning this beautiful artwork by my friend, Steve Asbell. I hope you love it!

Rosemary said...

Congrats

Shady Gardener said...

Fortunate. :-)