Friday, August 14, 2015

Mine Eyes Have Seen the Audacious 'Othello' Ligularia!

The Bold and the Beautiful!  :-)

Four years ago, I planted new little Ligularia 'Othello' seedlings I started during the wintertime.  Four years ago also began a severe two-year drought.

.   
 Ligularia enjoy, and thrive, in moist, humus-rich soil.  During those two drought-ridden summers, I watered was watering those little plants Very Often!  (They droop terribly when they are dry!)

The efforts paid off.  These past two years have been lovely, rainy with cool and temperate temperatures. 


  These little "papoose" flower bud bundles are wonderfully unique!

  




These plants are in the shady south/front of the house, while the others are in the backyard.


Happy Gardening!!
SG

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These little guys are so unique. Thanks for sharing 😀

Unknown said...

These little guys are so unique. Thanks for sharing 😀

Shady Gardener said...

Thanks, Chris!

Rose said...

These plants are so striking this time of year. I just bought a 'Desdemona' Ligularlia...I think she needs an 'Othello' to keep her company:)

Shady Gardener said...

Hi, Rose! They are so similar, aren't they?? I hope I have 'Othello,' as it is described as being so nearly like ''Desdemona.' Othello' sleeves are described as a bit smaller... Wow. 'Desdemona' must be a sight!!