Wednesday, February 10, 2010

There Was Once a Little Orange Kitty....

A Winter-time saga with a happy ending!

There once was a little orange kitty,
we thought had been lost in the snow,


There's no longer reason for pity,
as to a wonderful home he did go.





On Monday morning, Chris' cleaning lady walked the snowy street in front of our yard and turned down our driveway. Right behind her hopped a cute little orange "tiger-striped" kitty. It turns out it must have been abandoned, because it belonged to no one that we knew.



The blanket I'd put out to warm him,
was ignored while he after me ran.

That colorful, crocheted little item
now warms our "guardian" snow man.




So, I took an old crocheted blanket and put it under their bush (where it had been hiding for the weekend, prior). It followed me home... and stayed the night under the deck that you can see below. Brrr.

Celebration! A friend of ours had earlier confided that he wanted a kitty. The kitty that he and his wife had for many years had died earlier, and he missed having one in the house. So I called him and today (Tuesday) he took her home with him.

We are ALL very happy!

I just thought you should know. :-)

21 comments:

Chloe m said...

I am happy for that cat and for the man who wanted it. Yeah!

Kathleen said...

I love a happy ending Shady Gardener! So glad that sweet kitty found a home.

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

What a lucky cat!
I love your snowman and a blanket!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

What a wonderful story. I can't imagine someone kicking a little kitty out into the snow. But, I was thrilled to read the happy ending.

Rosemary said...

Such a heartwarming story.

Shady Gardener said...

Thanks everyone. I couldn't let the moment go unnoticed! ha. :-)

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a happy ending for the cat and your friend!

Nutty Gnome said...

I'm really glad that you found the kitten a new home Shady ... I'm such an old softy at heart!

I love Mr. Helping Hand :)

F Cameron said...

Glad the kitty found a good home. Glad the good folks got a good kitty.


Happy story!
Cameron

Rose said...

So glad that the kitten found a new home! Sorry I have been MIA on your last few posts; the snowstorm here has kept me housebound for two days but at least is giving me some time to catch up on blog reading.

Congratulations on winning the butterfly book! Someone else had featured this book on their blog--looks like a great reference.

I set out some milkjugs last week, too, in my first attempt at winter sowing. Right now they're buried under snow, so I guess I don't have to worry that they're not getting enough moisture:)

Randy Emmitt said...

Shady,
Sounds like one of Grumpy's relatives has captured a human. Good to heard it found a good home.

Noelle Johnson said...

Well, it certainly worked out for the best, didn't it :^)

Jim Groble said...

I love happy endings. Our Fred was a throw away. jim

Shady Gardener said...

Again, thanks for the kind comments. I won't address each of your notes, but I did want to say a little something to a couple of you!

First of all, Rose. How are you doing? Are you managing to find a little time for yourself? Midst the concern about your father's health and taking the Master Gardener classes! :-)

Randy, this little kitty may have been Grumpy's kin, but he's not "grumpy" and he's been so excited to be adopted! :-)

Jim, It's a sad story to think that's how some people "dispose" of their unwanted pets. There are humane shelters, bulletin boards and newspapers for advertisements, etc. Glad you have a Fred. :-)

Ginger said...

Thank you so much for finding the kitty a good home! It just sickens me that anyone would abandon any animal, but especially a tiny kitten in the dead of winter. You are her guardian angel :)

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Ginger, There were several of us that were concerned. It is nice to see a happy ending to this story. Thanks for your visit. :-)

Gail said...

That's a great story...I love happy endings. Do you think he might want a peahen? gail

Anonymous said...

This is excellent news, SG. I've got such an affection for kitties so this story, with its sweet ending warms my heart. Stay warm!

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Gail, Ha! :-) This was a very affectionate kitty, so they'd probably get along! lol

Hi Grace, I wondered if you wouldn't appreciate the way this story turned out. Thanks for stopping. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the happy ending... my four former backyard orphans approve!

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Deb, Isn't it hard to believe that someone could put out an animal in such weather? Glad they approve! How are you? :-)