Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does this Count as Gardening?

We were in Michigan for 14 days. (I apologize to my Michigan blogger friends - we just had NO time to take extra excursions... boo...). Let's get together sometime, though!!


Anyway, the above photo is the top of the playhouse my son built last Fall. The 1x4" board around the top was the frame for soil. He'd planted wildflower seeds, but they didn't germinate. WE planted four petunia plants in the front... a little gaity. ha!

The playhouse is constructed from used lumber and painted at least twice. :-) The grandchildren and I had five different painting sessions. They painted as high as they could reach, and I painted the top of the building.

Mr. Shady built a loft and ladder inside, as it's nice and tall. I KNOW they're enjoying it.

PS I have no idea what the pipe is... I don't remember noticing it until it appeared in the photo.

Happy Gardening!


Btw: Please be watching for a post to soon appear that has NOTHING to do with gardening at all. It has ALL to do with Grandparent's Day in September. It also has ALL to do with a give-away!

11 comments:

joey said...

Hope your time in beautiful Michigan was memorable, dear Shady. Probably still in vacation mode, it's hard adjusting to back home gardening, isn't it! Some day we will meet ... I know it! You wouldn't have been able to find me anyway since running back & forth so much I hardly know where I am myself :)

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

Yes, it counts and looks wonderful! I would be very interested to see interior pics, it would be a fun & much enjoyed project here. :)

jo©o said...

Do you two EVER take a break from manual labour? Even on hols there are projects :-)
I would love to see inside as well.

Frances said...

Hi Shady, well, yes, of course it counts as gardening, you planted them! What a sweet playhouse, I imagine that loft is a special hiding place inside. The pole looks like a vent for natural gas stuff. Glad you had a fun time!
Frances

Rosemary said...

Shady What a great place for the grandkids . Certainly is gardening to me....

Kit Aerie-el said...

That is a great garden playhouse! It is a very happy place, for certain!

You asked about my lady beetles-no purchase. There was 'food' and they came all on their own. :)

Shady Gardener said...

:-) Joey!

Rebecca and Jo, I will be only too happy to oblige. :-)

Frances, The thing is... I'm Positive the pole wasn't in the playhouse... so it must have been on the apartment building behind it?

Hi Rosemary! :-)

Aerie-el, Thanks! I'm amazed. Question: Are they those stinky, biting "other beetles?"

Pat said...

Any place you have pampered pots of flowers is a garden to me. Sounds like you a had a great time.

Noelle Johnson said...

Oh, I just love the idea of planting on the roof of a playhouse. Petunias are some of my favorite annuals :-)

Looking forward to your next post.

Rose said...

How nice to make this project a family affair! I'm sure the grandkids are enjoying their new playhouse.

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Patsi, Yep! We had a great time... and it was about time. :-)

Hi Noelle, Your wish is my command. ha.

Rose, it most certainly was a full-family project. Hope you enjoyed the post! :-)