Wednesday, August 31, 2016

ABC Wednesday - H

Honestly!  This is one of my favorite shrubs.  There are many varieties of Hydrangeas. The following has been in my yard for a number of years.  I chose it for the very reason that it is somewhat unusual.  (Another is 'Pinky Winky' that does virtually the same thing, except the flowers have a completely different appearance - conical shaped!)

The following two shrubs are Hydrangea paniculata:

Here is a look at 'Quickfire.'  This photo was take in June 2016.

The following photo was taken August 25, 2016.


If you would like to see posts by others participating n this meme, click on the logo link below.

Have a great day!!  Hug a Hydrangea!!
SG

12 comments:

Trubes said...

I love HYDRANGA's too and have a beautiful lilac and pink one
in my front garden.
We have to prune it every year, yet it still comes back bigger
and more beautiful.
Yours are very pretty too!

Best wishes
Di,
ABCW team.

Ann said...

I keep trying to get one to really prosper in my yard but so far no luck. I think my soil needs some help, but yours is gorgeous.
Ann

MelodyK said...

Lovely...the colors are always beautiful aren't they?

Have a nice ABC-day / – week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (ABC-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-19-h/

Su-sieee! Mac said...

They are gorgeous. And, they grow so quickly. I'm going to find out if they would do well in our area.

Shady Gardener said...

Hi, Di! I would love to learn more about your hydrangea!

Shady Gardener said...

Ann, I know one thing that gives a new planting a boost is to add peat moss and/or rich compost to the planting hole. Hydrangeas desire pretty consistently moist (not wet) soil. During a dry spell, remember to water. They can use morning sun, but need afternoon shade. They do not do well in full shade. Full sun is hard on them. Does this help? SG

Shady Gardener said...

Melody, Hydrangea colors are wonderful. The variety in blossom shape and size is also wonderful. Check out the oak leaf hydrangea! Thanks for your visit!

Shady Gardener said...

Hi, Su-siee! Please check this out! I hope they will work for you! There are many types. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!

Roger Owen Green said...

and a lovely shrub it is

ROG, ABCW

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Roger, Thanks! I should have included photos of my other one! :-)

Thanks for your visit!!

SG

Pat said...

Your Quickfire is looking great !

troutbirder said...

We do love our hydrangea here on Oak Hill. I divided many and they grow well pretty much anyplace I plant them. Semi-shaded is what we mostly have...Perfect...:)