Friday, June 22, 2007

It's a Garden-Garden Party!

I've been retired from teaching second grade for exactly one year, now. I wanted to retire before I was re-tired every year! ;-)

Anyway, for the past few years, we "garden ladies" have taken turns hosting a summer get-together every Friday afternoon. Today was my turn... and what fun! I had thought I'd take pictures of us roaming around the yard, sipping cold water/lemonaid, and eating chocolate chip cookies, etc.

I forgot.

First things first, however. After everyone arrived, we made garden markers (you might want to check out the link!). I didn't get pictures taken until almost everyone had taken theirs home. The kit comes with some molds, letters and numbers for making impressions, and one bottle of tinting powder. You purchase your own bag of cement/sand mix. Mix with water, and... tahdah!


I made these last two markers last summer. It's fun as a group project or all by yourself. They also make great little gifts.

Just thought you might like to know.

Markedly, or re-marker-ly yours.

No comments: