Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving


Thank You
for all my hands can hold ---
apples red,
and melons gold,
yellow corn
both ripe and sweet,
peas and beans
so good to eat!


Thank you
for all my eyes can see ---
lovely sunlight,
field and tree,
white cloud-boats
in sea-deep sky,
soaring bird
and butterfly.

(Oriole photo taken Spring 2007 - notice the Sunny Corner bed - prior to its renovation)


Thank you
for all my ears can hear ---
birds' song echoing
far and near,
songs of little
stream, big sea,
cricket, bullfrog,
duck and bee!



poem by Ivy O. Eastwick

7 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Shady,
I love this post! You illustrated that poem well. Yes, we have much to be thankful for.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful poem.

btw: I just use the pumpkin bread recipe from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. I doctor it up a bit more (add more raisins and a bit more spices than they call for) I also cook a pie pumpkin and mash that for the pumpkin ~ instead of using the canned variety. I bet you can find the recipe on line??
Hopefully that helps. Have a great holiday too if I don't get back over here before...

Pat said...

Sometimes I have to be reminded to giving, thanks.
Nice post...cute frog.

Nutty Gnome said...

Hi Shady - what a lovely poem and some great photos to go with it!
Have a super weekend! :)

ShySongbird said...

Lovely photos Shady and you found a very nice poem too :)

That Oriole is beautiful and so colourful, I would love to see one! I also loved the toad or frog, not sure which it is :)

What a pretty little Wren on the previous post!

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Rosemary said...

Thanks for sharing those lovely thoughts Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Rose said...

Lovely poem, Shady! Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.