Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

 Thanksgiving!
'T is Thanksgiving, so let us give Thanks for what's past; looking forward to events that lie ahead.
H ope for the future, as we repast.
A gree we've been blessed and must share.
N oting higher purpose, we
"K eep on keepin' on!"
S haring with families and friends,
G iving as we're able.
I nvitations,
V acations, and
I magination for opportunity for
N eighbors (the "up close" friends and family) and wishing
G ood will and blessings to all.

May each of you, my family and friends, enjoy good health and promise, realizing in the upcoming days and months opportunities to learn, grow, and share.  Many Blessings to you on this THANKSGIVING day.
These two photos were taken in Illinois/Indiana as we traveled from Indianapolis to Springfield, Illinois (a lovely, leisurely drive) on October 23, 2011.

SG

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to my dear neighbors..may you be even more thankfor in the coming year

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Rosemary, Thank you so much!!! I wish I'd had more time to try your recipes!!!

Hi "Anon!" I know who you are and I'm thankful for YOU! :-) (Should say "WE" are!)

Shirley said...

Hi there Shady, wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Thanks for all the blog visits and comment exchanges we have shared over the last few years :-)

Darla said...

Nice! Hope your Thanksgiving was grand!

troutbirder said...

Very nice. I'm thinking of a summer trip to Springfield. It's been a long time and I've been reading a lot of books on Lincoln lately.

Rose said...

Beautifully said, Shady! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm only about an hour away from Springfield, yet I haven't been there in a long time. You picked the perfect time of year for this drive!

GRACE PETERSON said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful sentiments. Same to you, SG.