Happy New Year - Blessings and Best Wishes for 2014!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Gloriosa Supurba (Glory Lily)

  I posted, in 2010, about the Glory Lily tubers 
a sweet friend gave me.

I took the photos below on August 11, 2011
and obviously did not create a post!

You might note that I placed them in a shady-with-bright-light-spot.  They grew tall and only bore one flower.

 Notice the leaf tips.  :-)

On June 24 I took the following couple of photos...
 Look at that.... a PINK one!  :-)


And yesterday... a good variety!  :-)

I hope you enjoy the 4th of July - with a few "Sparklers" of your own!!  :-)
Nothing "shady" here!  lol
SG

This post property of http://yardisgreen.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Happy 4th to you. Love that lily will have to add it to my wish list! The leaves are so interesting.

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Very nice! Love those leaf tips.

Darla said...

Love these!

Shady Gardener said...

Greetings to Rosemary, "Gardener," and Darla. Thanks for leaving a comment. Truly these are very special. I bring the potted corms indoors after the first frost and leave in the basement over the winter (no water).

Garden Lily said...

I love those curly leaf tips.

Shady Gardener said...

Hi! I do, too. The plants don't really climb, but those little tips do hang on to the trellis (and each other!). :-)

Kathleen said...

So they didn't bloom well in the bright shade?? It looks like they are in sun now?? I SO want to try these again.