Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Seed Grow Project - 'Spitfire' Nasturtiums

"I'm growing Nasturtium "Spitfire" for the Grow project. Thanks, to Renee's Garden for the seeds."


This is my July Post.

You have perhaps noticed that my once-a-month post occurs at the End of the Month. Somehow it makes sense to me...

At any rate, perhaps Nasturtiums are not my "cup of tea?" They had great beginnings (check the sidebar for previous posts...), but perhaps it's the weather - tons of rain and very high, hot temperatures lately?

The big pot in front of the house is not doing as well as it once was.
This is what the plants in the foreground of the Sunny Corner Bed look like.


This has been a fun experiment, however. I'm grateful for the opportunity to participate.

4 comments:

Monica the Garden Faerie said...

Mine are looking a little worse for wear as well. Don't think of it as being late for July, think of it as being early for August (Oh Lord, August. That's Sunday!)

Shady Gardener said...

Monica, (!)August.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Some of my nasturtiums are looking better than others. In fact, some years, they do so bad, that I say I'm not going to plant them the next year, but then, I remember how well they have done other years.

I want to know where summer has gone! Part of my disappointment with August's arrival is that I didn't get to be outside as much as I like due to a late spring, then all the rain we had.

You still have some color there!

Oh, and it wasn't your last word that I didn't see at first, it was the "my".

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Sue, I'm feeling your same disappointment/amazement when it comes to gardening this year.

You're right about the word "My." I've experimented with different colors - but I'm leaving it for the moment. :-)