Monday, July 18, 2016

ABC Wednesday - B is for Butterflies!!

Well!  The usual wealth of Butterflies has not been the norm this year... however, there were QUITE a number of Giant Butterflies awhile back.  :-)

This is almost all of what I have seen this year.

Giant Butterfly

Giant Butterfly on Butterfly Milkweed

Pearl Crescent Butterfly

Eastern-tailed Blue Butterfly

Northern Checkerspot Butterfly

 White Cabbage Butterfly

Because I have a large number of food-source nectar flowers for all Butterflies - Monarchs included, and a quite a good number of Butterfly and commong milkweed plants (larval food), I am Bummed that I'm not seeing Monarchs in my yard... and I've only seen TWO Monarchs this spring/summer!

Before I go, perhaps you can tell me if you are seeing Monarch Butterflies??



Thanks!
SG

4 comments:

Amit Agarwal said...

Wonderful captures!

Rose said...

Wonderful photos of the butterflies, Shady! I haven't seen as many this year either, although now that my coneflowers are in full bloom, I'm seeing a few more. I've seen two Monarchs in the past two weeks, including one female. I'm hoping they find the butterfly weed and milkweed in my garden to munch on and lay some babies.

MelodyK said...

Lovely choice for this weeks letter..... and wonderful photo's too
They are so little creatures and precious, aren't they


Have a nice ABC-W-day / - week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (team abc-w)
{http://melodymusic.nl/abc-wednesday-19b/)

Roger Owen Green said...

These are WONDERFUL!

ROG, ABCW