Tuesday, October 16, 2007

In Memory...

of my sister Barbie.


My sister was killed one year ago today by a hit-and-run driver. She'd gotten up early (as usual) to walk her little dog. They were walking the crosswalk about 2 1/2 blocks from home (at 5:45 a.m.) when it happened.

It's still hard to believe that I can't just call her on the telephone. She has a wonderful family and I try to keep in touch.

There are no answers to "why" questions.

But I do know that we can continue to reflect on the favorite memories... of sister trips, family raising, growing up, etc. And we can miss her.

But in my heart of hearts, I know that our lives last but an instant compared to the infinity of time. And I know that there will be a grand reunion some day in the not-too-distant future.

3 comments:

IBOY said...

I'm so sorry for your loss; she must have been a sweetheart, with that smile.
Don

Andrea Dellit said...

Even through this, I believe that everything happens for a reason. Even though I don't think I'm entrusted with knowing what that reason is, I do know that I'm grateful for the blog penpal I've kept in touch with since.

Miss you - Love, Andi

p.s. I heard Stacy had her babies...when were they born?

Shady Gardener said...

iboy
Thank you. She was a sweetheart.

dellits
Thanks. Yep, I'll send you an e-mail.