Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have such bounty, and we are thankful.
I've been having a lot of fun in the kitchen these past few days!

I baked two apple pies (can you tell I ran out of standard pie pans?),four pumpkin pies and three mini cranberry pies.

Three pumpkin pies and one apple pie went to church for
tomorrow's community Thanksgiving meal.

At our home, there will be 4 adults and 2 young children.
Surely the rest of the pies and other goodies and trimmings will be enough!

You might like to have a close-up of those little cranberry pies (click here).
I will post the recipe, with others, after Thanksgiving.

May you and I, each of us, celebrate the
many ways we have been blessed.
And may tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day be the beginning of a year-long recognition.





3 comments:

Andrea Dellit said...

looks sooo yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shady Gardener,

Happy Thanksgiving! Looking at those pies made me very hungry. I'm a firm believer that dessert should be the first course at every meal.

Wanted to let you know that I posted my 8 Random Things and tagged some new players. Check it out when you have a minute to breathe after your big weekend.

Cathy

Shady Gardener said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the two of you!