Friday, February 15, 2008

Garden Blogger's Bloom Day

Today's the 15th of the month. Garden Blogger's Bloom Day. Hmmm. I've about posted all my blossoms.

Now what shall I do?
I must admit it. I've called for assistance.


Let me introduce some of my gardening friends.
They're each very handy, and they're available at a moment's notice!

Actually, I first introduced them in May 2007,
just after I'd began this blog.


As soon as Spring arrives, they're ready to accompany me outdoors.

Gardener Gladys warms the bench
and welcomes me when I need a "breather."
Susie S. Carecrow has retired.
But, let me tell you,
when she stood guard,nary a critter bothered the "growing greens!"

'Thoroughly Modern' Mona is a newcomer.

Somehow she will be introduced to gardening this Spring.
I'm not sure about her gardening capabilities.

We'll see...

She may be just a "pretty face."

:-)

11 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Those are three great looking gardening friends you've got there. I need to go back and read that earlier post.

Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day. Iowa has sure been hit with a lot of snow and "winter" this year, hasn't it?

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks! They've kept me busy from time-to-time! ;-)

Yes, we've had an interesting Winter, to say the least. Spring is becoming highly anticipated! :-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your gardening assistants are very charming. Especially Mona. :) Gladys tells me you are very talented.

Shady Gardener said...

Hi Lisa,
What does Gladys know? Well, she IS a pretty good gardener! ;-)

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Gladys has a lovely dress on. What sweet ladies they are.

Unknown said...

I too am looking forward to spring... your Christmas Cactus was beautiful though, and at least we can start planning!!

Shady Gardener said...

Salix Tree and Angie,
Thanks for visiting. Yes, my Gladys is the epitome of the garden club debutante! ;-)

Anonymous said...

You made me chuckle, in the midst of this serious March garden newsletter production.

What do you mean - Iowa? This movement may be national, not merely a local issue? At this rate, how long before you-know-who goes global? Now I'm REALLY stressed out!

Your second comment - maybe we should collaborate - I like the way you think! You mention "twisted, bent wire." Actually, 'bent & twisted' might describe the diabolical schemes that cross my mind, even now, as I ponder a counter attack.

You're right... there doth be a glimmer in mine eye, forsooth. Alas, methinks it may more nearly resemble an evil gleam.

But, verily, I must needs return to mine erstwhile endeavors at yon keyboard, that I may share the virtues of a well-planned growing season... 'Bard - Out'

Shady Gardener said...

ha! :-)

kate said...

You have three wonderful gardening companions. Gladys looks as if she enjoys a good visit.

I'm sure you'll find a perfect place for Thoroughly Modern Mona.

All three of these friends are adorable!

Shady Gardener said...

Thanks, Kate. When we moved to this Shady Glen 5 years ago, Miss Carecrow was my first non-gardening contribution to the yard. Gladys soon followed. Mona was borne last Spring following the local art assn's invitation to create a "Mona Lisa look-alike." ;-)