Thursday, February 14, 2008

Week 5 - Stitching Up Wildflowers

Join Now

The stitchery below is the first item I made for our walls after we purchased our first home in 1974. The unframed piece is about 12" square. We hadn't been married long. It's a kit my mother-in-law gave me. In fact, my father-in-law furnished the frame. All-in-all, I thought it was the "classiest" thing we had in the house, at the time! :-)


But, I couldn't end the post there.
I needed to include a couple of pillows from
guest beds.

I didn't stitch them. They were done in a factory.

This one may be fairly accurate.
And,
although I love this sentiment,
I'm not sure I'd Really
be willing to follow suit.
;-)

9 comments:

Elizabeth Joy said...

My son Forest Zoo really likes your frog pillow, because he likes to catch frogs. I really like your hand stitched flowers. Doing it by hand really does make it "classy."

Kylee Baumle said...

I like your stitched picture. The pink ones look like asters!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, homespun blossoms and amusing, pithy pillows!

Your house-playing memories sounded wonderful... but I guess we were imitating the suburban lifestyle that we observed each day. I would have taken to country life, like a duck to water (and still would).

Thanks so much for your comments on Shutterbug's blog. Sam has a good eye for interesting shots and is always on the lookout for new subjects. I, too, love the orchids and more unusual Christmas cactus and have lots of fun sorting through his albums. He'll be pleased at your comments.

Thanks, again, for visiting the new blog... Deb

Shady Gardener said...

elizabeth joy, I share Forest's interest in frogs! Perhaps I'll post more frogs later! ;-) It must be fun for you to see how people have appreciated your Wildflower idea.

Kylee, thanks. You're right.

Deb, You have an interesting variety of blog-involvement! Always fun to visit. :-)

Anonymous said...

How fun to have the memories along with your stitched picture. Your pillows make me smile. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that is where the stitched flower picture came from! Fun to know!

Shady Gardener said...

ellen b, Nice to have you visit. EJ's Wildflower meme has me memory-trekking! :-)

cheryl, Guess I should walk around and think of the "stories!" ;-)

Lana G! said...

Pretty flowers! The pillows cracked me up!

Shady Gardener said...

lana g,
They crack me up, too. That type of thing seems to catch my eye. ;-)