Sunday, January 27, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday

I must admit to it. You might have caught me wandering from room to room, stroking and cajoling my indoor plants to "Please bloom this Sunday." The effort hasn't completely been for naught. My Zone 7 Shooting Star Hydrangea was able to coerce a new blossom or two. :-) They aren't shooting yet, but they may.
My hibiscus is getting ready for several days' worth of blossom.
And just look at the effort these three bargain amarylis are making!
I've been enjoying this balmy, sunny day.
It's now 4:20 p.m. and it's still 52 degrees Farenheit outdoors!
Soon I'll post about some of the projects I worked on outdoors.
:-)

6 comments:

Tricia said...

I'm not sure where you are but it's just below zero here in Toronto and believe me that's warm compared to what it's been lately!

Love your plants and I'm glad they're starting to bloom for you. You just reminded me that I still have to bring my Amaryllis up from the basement! I'd better go do it now!

BTW adding your site to the GTS.

Shady Gardener said...

Tricia,
I'm in Zone 5... but I usually look for plants that survive zone 4. ;-)
Thanks for visiting!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it is warmer there but here, still cold! Your pictures warmed me up though with all those promising buds! Also, love your African violets!

Shady Gardener said...

Layanee, I'm sure it won't remain warm for long, but we sure can enjoy it while we have it! In the meantime, the beautiful photos you just posted are very "warming." ;-)

Andrea Dellit said...

gorgeous..glad it's warmer here!

Shady Gardener said...

Thanks Dellits! I'm glad for you, too. Why don't you just come back to Iowa for a visit? ;-)