Thursday, January 10, 2008

There's no business like Snow Business...

What a Show we had this afternoon!
I was supposed to tutor, but I dropped my little student off with her mom and said,
"Sorry! We'll meet next Tuesday! I'm headed home!"
I'm glad I made that decision, as
Huge Flakes Splattered on my windshield.
The road was slick.
I stopped for the mail, hopped out of the car, and took this photo!
By the time I'd returned to my seat, I'd accumulated a layer of snow. ;-)
(Don't forget, our snow had only just melted away.)
(taken at 4:00 p.m.)
This was taken out the basement window... through the screen.
Back upstairs, my dog wanted to be outdoors for a second.
Normally the brown house is visible.It's now 5:00 p.m.
I've returned to the basement.
Can you find the cardinal next to the tray feeder?Our broken tree branches are on the north side of the driveway.
So... who's the little guy out by the street sign?
This was taken at nearly 7:00 p.m.
I had to take this photo.
I'd passed by the living room and noticed this lovely sight
out the front door. :-)Not shady. Just dark. ;-)

6 comments:

Muum said...

How much snow did you end up getting? I am further west (UTah), and in our little corner of the world, we got 2 feet yesterday. It was nuts.

Shady Gardener said...

Ohmygoodness! I don't know When we've received 2 feet of snow at one time. (At least, not since I was little and lived in extreme northern Iowa!) ;-)
Are people navigating at all? Do you have a posting?

We actually received some less than 2 inches. So, nothing to complain about.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Nice pictures, the cardinals always feed at dusk and dawn, don't they?

Shady Gardener said...

Iowa Gardening Woman,

Have the birds been as active at your house as they have been at mine? It's been a lot of fun!

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Hey, where's my snow? We had a tiny bit stick, but it melted by afternoon. This morning the ice finally reformed on the retention pond. I'm still trying to decide when to finish putting down the winter mulch.

Shady Gardener said...

Mr. McG's Dtr.
Hi! our snow is almost "history," too. Whew! Today;s temp showed -2 degrees! Forecast is to be colder. At least it was a beautiful, sunny day!