Sunday, March 23, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday

Easter SundayMay you enjoy a blessed Easter.

I consider myself very fortunate to be able to teach second grade Sunday School. We will read the various events that lead to Jesus' victory over death... and what that means to each of us. After we read the stories, I wonder if they will be able to tell me the significance of the items I put into a paper bag, such as: a palm branch cutting (from my overwintered palm - wish I could remember its name!) to remind us of last Sunday, grapes and a muffin (we get to eat them), a piece of a miniature rose cane, a soldier mask, a nail, a small cross, a small piece of white cloth, a rock, and a gift bag with an empty egg.

Next week we'll create our versions of pysanky eggs. :-)

This is ALSO
a Green Thumb Sunday post
Join today

These photos were taken this evening without a flash.
This is my Amaryllis bulb that did so well outdoors last Summer.
So well, in fact, that it had a "baby!" :-)
Can you tell there are 4 blossoms on this stalk?
And can you believe that each blossom is over 7" tall?
I could admit to being easily impressed!

A reflective moment
by me

A gradual unveiling,
unfurling,
uncurling.

An
unswerving determination in
slowly releasing,
easing,
pleasing.

Ultimately stating,
completely elating
and sating
a deep-seated
longing.

An
Unlimited desire for
beautiful perfection,
awesome amazement,
and
completion.

Undaunted.
Wholly fulfilling.


:-)
Happy Amaryllis Day.
Happy Easter.


11 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy Easter to you, too!

Carol Michel said...

I hope you had a Happy Easter. I did wonder about your bloom day post. Didn't you post on the 15th with everyone else?

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Shady Gardener said...

Thank you, Kathy.

Carol, Yes... I had to visit and leave you a note. I was up way toooo long last night. It should have been designated as a Garden Bloggers' Sunday post. Sorry. Happy Easter!

Aiyana said...

Lovely poem and Amaryllis photos. Happy Easter and Green Thumb Sunday.
Aiyana

troutbirder said...

What a beautiful amarylis.

Lisa said...

Happy Easter to you too! Your poem is as beautiful as the photos.

Peace, love and hugs!

Lisa

Gail said...

shady,

just dropping by, while on the road. We were visiting my mom...she is still recovering.

Just wanted to say hey and let you know I have tagged 5 bloggers. They may have been tagged already but I am sure they will let me know! This is not a shy group!

Have a lovely day,

gail

Anonymous said...

Shady - enjoyed your impressive amaryllis blooms and your lovely verse... perfect combination... Deb

Shady Gardener said...

No Rain, Thank you for your wishes and compliments. You have such a beautiful site... I'll be over to visit sometime this week. I have "company" coming for a few days. :-)

Baron, Thanks! I'm amazed by it. I had set it outdoors last summer... guess I'll do it again and hope it repeats itself. ;-)

Hi Lisa, I'm so glad you visited. I continue to think about you and wonder how you're doing. Very special thoughts you just posted. Hope you had a special Easter with your friends and family. God's blessings.

Gail, You are too fun! I'm sure your mom appreciates your visits very much. Great post you created (fun!) and I'm glad you're "spreading the wealth!" ;-)

Deb, Aren't those blooms wonderful? Thanks for the compliment - I'm very flattered. :-)

kate smudges said...

Our amaryllis are the same ones - you were right about that. Mine was looking fine until yesterday when the blooms started drooping. They put on such a display - as the poem says, 'beautiful perfection, awesome amazement' ... I am slowly getting around to my blog reading. My son is on spring break and we are both in relaxed mode. (Lytton, the dog, is getting annoyed since he hasn't had any time to get on the computer and write to Lucy-M)

Shady Gardener said...

:-) Hi Kate,
Yes... mine was looking great, too, until my 2-year-old granddaughter (with whom I was SO privileged to spend two whole days at my home!!!) knocked it over. ha. (OH! Hope my daughter doesn't read this!) ;-)

Yea for Spring Break! And, Sidney needs to head over to visit your Lytton. He's enjoying visiting with Lucy-M! :-)