Sunday, March 9, 2008

Green Thumb Sunday


Join


Had you ever noticed the little "Valentine" at the end of the blossom, before? :-)

I've not posted a "Green Thumb Sunday" for awhile. I don't know where Mr. Brownthumb is, but I sure would like him to see my "Christmas Cacti!" My red one is outdoing itself right now!


The clarity of a couple of my photos is lacking, but I wonder if anyone could venture a guess as to how many buds are on this plant? :-)




I think the plants are trying to tell me they're about ready for Spring, too!
Last year they were on the front deck/porch where they got
some sun and some shade.
Hey! Another place where I can use my new Sun Calc to monitor the amount of light!

:-)

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

joshua said...

I feel super by saying that this is one of the very best blogs I've ever visited yet.

Congrats!

PALAVROSSAVRVS REX

Unknown said...

Very pretty photos! Your Christmas cactus bloom circles around mine. :)

(I wish I knew where mr brownthumb is, too. Wherever it may be, I hope he's okay.)

Shady Gardener said...

Joshua, It makes me feel super, too. Thank you!

Kim, It's just "good fortune" that mine is blooming so well. ;-) I echo your sentiments on Mr. Brownthumb!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christmas cactus! A much-needed burst of color on the way to spring... Deb

Shady Gardener said...

Hi, Deb! Isn't it great? Did you have a good-weather day, today? Our temps were in the 50s! And a bit windy, just like March is supposed to feel! ;-)

Andrea Dellit said...

i love these cacti -- where can i get one???

Also, I bought our copy of My Iowa tonight!!!

Love you!
A

Carol Soules said...

Beautiful "Easter cactus" :-)
Carol

Shady Gardener said...

Dellits,
Thanks!! You can find these cacti all over, but closer to Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'll start you one! Love you back! AK

Carol,
I'm just amazed by it!