Monday, March 17, 2008

Thanks to Elizabeth Joy!

What a wonderful surprise was waiting in my mailbox this afternoon! I opened the door to a full box. A manila envelope contained the Wildflower note cards that I was so fortunate to be awarded. You can see a picture of five of the six cards below.


Because I was on my way downtown this afternoon, when I picked up my mail, I didn't open it until I reached the house of an ailing friend. She's ailing. I'm not. I happily shared one of my cards. She picked the card depicting an orange lily.

These are all photographs of flowers taken in Washington and Oregon states during memorable trips taken by EJ's family. What a wonderful surprise. I am humbled by your generosity, Elizabeth Joy. Thank you so much.

Now I'll have to decide if I want to part with any more of them! ha. ;-)

11 comments:

Elizabeth Joy said...

I'm glad the cards made it to you safely. I'm so glad you like them. I'm honored that you have already blessed an ailing friend with one of them. The Washington lily is one of my favorites. It looks similar to a tiger lily, but is bigger. I photographed it in central Washington on a steep climb up a mountain covered in Wildflowers, on the 4th of July, two years ago.

Thank you for the hug. I send one back to you.

With Joy,
Elizabeth Joy

Shady Gardener said...

Elizabeth Joy,
It was fun visiting your site a minute ago. (You must have been at your computer!) I look forward to participating in La-Tea-Day's tea party. :-)

Andrea Dellit said...

these are gorgeous! does she sell them?

Gail said...

shady,

May I call you shady?! Wanted to see if you had ever posted a photo of your honeysuckle branch arbor?

The cards are great, will you frame them or send them to special people (like your ailing friend)?

Gail

Shady Gardener said...

Dellits,
I don't know if she'll sell them. You could visit her. See my sidebar - gardening blogs "Joy in the Morning." :-)

Gail, Yep... pen name is "Shady" ;-)
The beginnings of my arbor is here:
http://yardisgreen.blogspot.com/search/label/arbor or just click "arbor" on the bottom of this site. EJ's photos would make a nice grouping, wouldn't they?

Curmudgeon said...

Those are lovely cards. I saw in an earlier post that your bulbs are coming up. Hurray for you! Soon you'll be surrounded in Spring color.

Shady Gardener said...

WWW,
Yes, and all I have to do is be patient. :-) Thanks for visiting!

Gail said...

Shady,
The arbor is terrific, are you adding more branches to it?

Gail

Shady Gardener said...

Oh, yes! I have a lot of work to do! I want to add many crossbars and "x"es. Do you know of any vine that grows in the shade?? I know plenty of weedy vines do (poison ivy). ;-)

Anonymous said...

Shady - The cards are absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad you shared them, with your friend, and with everyone here! ...Deb

Shady Gardener said...

Deb, Aren't they lovely? I feel very fortunate. :-)